Friday 12 August 2011

INSANE MASSIVE HAUL/WINTER FAVOURITES!

Hello! 
Ok so I know I haven't blogged for sometime but life has been SO BUSY I haven't had much time to myself. I have had however, some time to go shopping (woo!) and purchase some new make up and beauty products. There is quite a lot to get through so I shall begin right away!

My first purchase was was a nail growth product. I have absolutely horrible nails and because of my piano career, I haven't bothered to grow or look after them. After my latest piano exam I decided to take a break from piano and I wanted to invest more time into the care of my nails. Thus this recent purchase. I am unsure if this product actually does work as my nails grow at a normal rate...however they make my nails look shiny and pretty haha. I will have to keep you updated on this one...

Hairspray is extremely important when I style my hair. I always use hairspray when I am curling or styling my hair in any way (mainly because if I don't, it'll drop super quick!) Enter my lifesaver....
Recently, I had a bad experience with this hairspray...it leaked everywhere in my bathroom (and I really mean everywhere) and to this day, I still can't work out why. I  am tempted to try another brand for a while. It was a really good hairspray, however as it was able to hold curls really well.

Taking make up off is an extremely important step in skin care and I want to make sure my make up is not only taken off completely, but doesn't ruin my skin
I have trusted the Johnson Brand for quite some time...and when they're in a pack I get super excited because that means I get more for a better price! Woo! These make up wipes are specifically for dry skin and I like the way my skin feels after I remove my makeup.

I have shown the results of my hair curling attempt, but I didn't show the product that helped me achieve the look...
I am falling in love with this Remington curler...especially when the price was so cheap! I've used it for a few months now and it's still working well!

I have many make up palettes, but when I was in Target, this particular palette caught my eye...
This palette has 154 colours all together. There are 77 eye shadow colours (on the left) and 77 lip colours on the right. I don't have a lip palette, so as you can imagine I was pretty pumped! I have been loving the lip colours so far, but being an extremely cheap palette (purchased for $30), I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the eye shadows. To achieve the colour in the palette, I had to place a LOT of colour on my eye. While I don't use the eye shadows as much, the lip colours are beautiful!

I had to purchase new foundation as I was running out of my old one. I use the body shop foundation and pressed powder and had the buy more because it's so amazing! The shade I wear is number 3.












Whilst I was in the body shop purchasing my super awesome face products, the lady serving me was SHOCKED that I didn't use face primer. I hadn't been aware of the purpose of face primer at the time so I was a bit offended that she acted that way towards me. She then showed me this...

It is face primer with moisturiser in it, so it not only creates a barrier between my skin and the make up but also moisturises it as well. I have been able to tell the difference. My skin has been a lot clearer and smoother. Winning!

The most recent lip product I have purchased has been from Max factor. This beautiful colour is the only lip stick that I use ALL THE TIME. I am not a fan of lip sticks, just because they stick to my teeth and they just taste disgusting. I much prefer shiny lip glosses that taste fruity haha. However, this lip stick ticks all the boxes for me. It's a light pink colour, so it's quite subtle, doesn't taste horrible and stays on for a long period of time!

Now on to eye shadow. I was in MAC a few weeks ago and I came across this new make up collection called Big Bounce. They were all cream eye shadows. As they were a limited edition to MAC, I thought I should purchase some! I purchased them for $34 each. 

The light brown is called "Trophy" and the blue is called "Free as air". They are both fantastic colours to use! I use Trophy as a base, a highlight on my cheeks and just a quick eye shadow if I am in a rush. I use the blue as a base or a quick eye shadow as well. I absolutely LOVE these colours, so I highly recommend them!

Last but not least is my most recent purchase, which I received in the mail today! I purchased it from Jesse's girl cosmetics and I must say online shopping is soooooooooooo much cheaper than shopping in Australia. I bought 4 products for $22! Woo! I think I have been  officially converted to this craze. This is what I purchased...



I bought three cream eye shadows in black, blue and purple as well as a black glitter eye liner with an in built sharpener! How cool is that???!?! You have to be kind of careful though as you can easily start to sharpen the eye liner. I have learnt from my 'almost' mistake. These cream eye shadows are beautiful and extremely easy to apply. I would suggest a brush to apply them as you can apply the shadows on quicker. 

I hope you enjoyed this MASSIVE haul post! Please let me know what you think! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me, whether it be by email, twitter or posting a comment below! 
Thanks for reading-I really appreciate it! 
There's so much more to come so stay tuned!! 
Melissa xox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment