Monday 22 August 2011

Superhero and Villains Make up Part 2

Hello!
Welcome to Part 2 of the Superheros and Villains make up! I should stress that this series really isn't a "how to look like [insert superhero/villains name here]" but rather is just my interpretation of these amazing characters. This time, I created the character POISON IVY.

This is the finished look:
As you can see, I decided to focus on the dark eye make up and instead of dressing up as Poison Ivy, I thought I would recreate the vine on my forehead as well as draw another vine on the right side of my face, towards my chin.

Here are the steps I took to create this look...

1. Start with the eyes. Apply a primer. I find that the eyeshadows (whether cream or pressed) last longer if you have a primer on as a base.

2. To achieve dark dramatic eye makeup, I applied a cream shimmery black eye shadow. I used After Midnight by Jessie's Girl. To set, use a matte black or shimmery black to set the cream.

3. Choose a chocolate or 'dirt' brown colour and apply this along the crease area and with this create a light cat eye. I used the brown instead of black because I didn't want it to be as strong. We are Poison Ivy after all-not Catwoman!

4. Choose a frosty white colour and apply this just under the brow. You want light to catch this area.



5. Using the same brush you applied the black colour with, bring this colour down towards your lower lash line. Using this brush or a liner brush, line your lower lash line with the black shadow and join it up with the upper lash line shadows. It doesn't have to be neat-in fact, I encourage you to smudge it...villains probably don't have time to create super complex looks. :P

6. Line your upper and lower waterline and apply mascara. False eyelashes are optional, but if you want that extra wow factor, go for it! :)



7. Now it's time to do the vine. Take any black eye liner. (I used a black glitter eye liner by Jessie's girl) and draw a vine, adding leaves where appropriate. Then, take your liner brush and choose a bright green colour and trace along the vine. I used a black eye liner so the vine could stand out and the green eye shadow could have something to stick to.

8. It's important to have bright lips in this look. I encourage a deep red matte lipstick or even a lip gloss would work fine. Anything that screams "I'm confident and bad-ass". In my opinion, the colour I chose was too 'orange' for this look.

I hope you enjoyed this look. It's always fun to do something out there and different! If you have any questions/comments, please leave a comment below or message me via email (beautifulyetbasic@gmail.com) or twitter @mgmusic91)! I love hearing anything from anyone! :) If you have any additional suggestions for more superheros or villains, let me know-I'm happy to try most things. :)

Have a fantastic week and I shall be blogging again very soon!
Melissa xox.

No comments:

Post a Comment